The acrid, pungent flavours of the parsley, oregano, chilli, pepper and garlic help to open the pores and disperses the flavour through your body. While the sour flavour of the red wine vinegar helps consolidate your energy.
Chimichurri’s flavours are balanced with foods like steak, white fish, portobello mushrooms and halloumi. And can also be used on top of potatoes, sliced tomatoes, chicken.
- 2 cups packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup packed fresh oregano leaves (or 4 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Pack all ingredients into a blender and blend until it has a nice lumpy consistency or thinner. Let it sit for a while to let the flavours infuse. Serve on top of your food of choice.